I’ve you’ve tuned into the last few blog posts, you may have noticed that I am shifting into a new gear and getting back to the root of my vision and passion.
When I started FlexyFit, its as originally about getting my physical flexibility and fitness back on track. However, as I progressed on this journey, I realized how much this bled over to other parts of my life. I realized how important it is to be flexible and fit in ALL areas of life and how being agile makes the ups and downs of life more manageable.
The ups and downs of my life got the best of me for a while. No shame…I AM HUMAN. But I hit the reset button and now I’m getting refocused and recommitted to what I set out to do initially. While not on any specific timeline, I am looking forward to bringing projects and goals to life and getting these resources in your hand, to your ears, and in front of your eyes.
More of what you’ll see me share will be based on things that I have found to be super important to me and to the work that I do with and for others. Some of those topics include:
- My other love (besides flexility, fitness and aerials) which is business. Many people don’t know, but I’m not just a fitness coach. I am also a creative business coach. And when I’m not dangling in the air or coaching, you can find me putting my MBA and marketing expertise to use to help solopreneurs and small business owners in Fitness, Aerial, Health & Wellness, and Beauty achieve their creative business needs and better communicate with their community.
- Supporting other Pole / Aerial instructors. Over the years, I’ve received endless questions about teaching, certifying, classroom management, teaching different body types, how to maintain my body while teaching 7 days a week, and more. So I will be sharing more insight into the solutions I’ve found helpful in hopes that they will help others.
- Addressing issues I see too often in the pole/aerial world and ow we can do better.
- everyBODY training. This one is HUGE for me. I started off as a non-traditional (or plus-size) pole dancer and this really impacted my journey and my approach to teaching. I am a coach for everyBODY and I recognize the need to educate others that are students, studio owners, teachers or plan to become teachers…because teaching and learning isn’t one-size-fits-all.
- And then of course even more on self-care because it’s just so important! Being an advocate for yourself and taking an active role in your Health and wellness is essential.
Why these topics? Because these are the topics that are a part of my every day life. These are the things I get asked about most often. These are the things that I find are missing. These are the things that are woven into my DNA and I want to teach what I feel connected to and what my voice has a purpose in a passion for.